Michel Verhagen has been a Windows Embedded Compact (CE) consultant since 2000, specializing in building complex Windows Embedded Compact (CE) platforms and device drivers for industrial appliances for customers around the world. He was born in the Netherlands but since January 2006 he has been living in New Zealand where he started the company GuruCE.
Michel has been working with Windows CE version 3.0, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 5.0, 6.0 R2/R3 and now Windows Embedded Compact 7 and has extensive experience developing audio, video (out & in), USB, PCMCIA/PCCARD, FPGA, CAN, I2C, SPI and display drivers (amongst others). Michel also has a lot of experience working with the .NET MicroFramework porting kit.
Michel is very active in the public Microsoft forums dealing with Windows Embedded related questions from the community and has a blog on this site. In 2001 Microsoft recognized him as one of the leading experts in the Windows CE community and awarded him with the eMVP (embedded Most Valuable Professional) status. Besides being an eMVP he is also a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) for Windows Embedded Compact and a Microsoft Windows Embedded Official Trainer for Windows Embedded Compact.
- Windows Embedded Compact (CE) Platform Builder
- Windows Embedded Compact (CE) Device Drivers
- .NET MicroFramework (HAL)
- Real-time System Design
- 8/16 bit & Win32 (x86/ARM/MIPS) Assembly
- x86, ARM (XScale/Freescale), MIPS (AMD AU)
- Member of Windows embedded MVP program
- Regular contributor to Microsoft forums for Windows Embedded Compact
- Technical Article writer for MSDN
- Windows Embedded Community Involvement
- ImagineCup judge and mentor