GuruCE releases another major update of their i.MX6 BSP
We have finalized testing and have now published official release 1375 of the GuruCE i.MX6 BSP. This release again adds a lot of great new features and improvements all of our customers will be very happy to see.
- Updated GPU driver to v5.0.15
- Improved load, flash and boot times by up to 50%
- Added support for LZ4 compressed kernel binaries to the bootloader.
- Optimized bootloader cache settings (L1/L2) to shorten boot time.
- Bootloader boot delay can now be set to 0 to shorten boot time.
- Now setting ARM CPU frequency according to speed grade in the bootloader.
- Made many improvements in the BSP catalog to make it even easier to use.
- Added support for storage profiles per USDHC instance. This means that SD cards always get mounted using the same folder name, no matter in what order they are inserted, and we can now specify exactly which USDHC port to store the hive-based registry on or exactly which USDHC port to mount as root.
- Added support for NXP SDB-QP (QuadPlus) board.
- Added support for Device Solutions Opal6-QP (QuadPlus) board.
- USB OTG Client/Host auto-detection now working correctly on all boards.
- Added TinyBoot bootloader. This is an SPI bootloader that just resets the i.MX6 and directs it to boot from the medium selected in the catalog.
- And many more improvements, fixes and new features!
Further details in the release notes.
Pictures say more than a thousand words, so here are some highlights of this release captured on video:
Even though the GuruCE i.MX6 BSP is already the best performing, 100% OAL stable and most feature-rich i.MX6 BSP on the market today, there are always things to improve or fix and new features to implement.
Here's our wishlist:
- Bring hardware accelerated H.264 video codecs to WEC2013 (not just WEC7)
- Improve Gigabit network performance
- Animated GIF bootsplash support
- Create a solid solution for multi-display touch
As always; if you have anything you want us to add to the list or you want us to prioritize an item on the list: contact us and we'll make it happen.
Don't forget to check our Testimonials page to see what some of our customers have to say about the GuruCE i.MX6 BSP.
Don't believe the hype? Try it yourself!
We've got free downloadable evaluation kernels for the Element14 RIoTboard, the Boundary Devices SABRE-Lite, Nitrogen6X and Nitrogen6_VM, the Device Solutions Opal6 (all variants), the Digi ConnectCore6, the Congatec Conga-QMX6, the NXP SDP (DualLite & Quad) and now also for the SDB-QP (QuadPlus), the Technologic Systems TS-4900 (Solo & Quad) and the Toradex Colibri.