GuruCE releases feature update of their i.MX6 BSP
- Updated Vivante GPU driver to v5.0.11.p8.3
- Multi-monitor functionality now working properly for all resolutions on i.MX6 Solo and DualLite processors.
- Boot splash images can now be stored in the system partition (next to the bootloader and kernel images). No need to have a FAT12/16/32 formatted partition anymore.
- Background color of boot splash screen now determined by color of bottom right pixel of the boot splash image.
- Updated CEWriter tool to support flashing boot splash images.
- Added support for external drives (like SATA connected through USB) to CEWriter.
- Fixed flickering mouse cursor and bad performance when drawing under the mouse cursor.
- OpenGL XAML render plugin now working properly.
- Added support for NAND to bootloader and kernel.
- Added support for external RTCs (Real Time Clock chips). Currently supported (and runtime auto-detected) chips are ISL1208, ISL2020, M41T0, M41T8x and RV4162.
- Added PCIe core reset code so PCIe driver works on DualPlus/QuadPlus
- Changed condition for enabling L2 cache double line fill feature to depend on L2C-310 revision. The i.MX6Solo/DualLite and DualPlus/QuadPlus now all have r3p2, so for those processors the double line fill feature is now enabled, resulting in much better cache behaviour (and better realtime performance on those processors).
- Added bootshell option for directing clocks to CKO1/2 pads
- Improved clocking code to now properly control reference counts of static divider root clocks
- Moved clocking code to more logical place in the BSP tree.
- Further cleaned up and refactor of large parts of the interrupt code.
- Further clean-up and re-structure of BSP code and tree.
- And many more improvements, fixes and new features!
Further details in the release notes.
Even though the GuruCE i.MX6 BSP is already the best performing, 100% stable and most feature-rich i.MX6 BSP on the market today, there are always things to improve or fix and new features to implement.
Here's our wishlist:
- Reduce power consumption and enable super low power modes (DVFS/suspend)
- Bring hardware accelerated H.264 video codecs to WEC2013 (not just WEC7)
- Improve Gigabit network performance
- Animated GIF bootsplash support
- Create a solid solution for multi-display touch
As always; if you have anything you want us to add to the list or you want us to prioritize an item on the list: contact us and we'll make it happen.
Don't believe the hype? Try it yourself!
We've got free downloadable evaluation kernels for the Element14 RIoTboard, the Boundary Devices SABRE-Lite, Nitrogen6X and Nitrogen6_VM, the Device Solutions Opal6 (DualLite & Quad), the Digi ConnectCore6, the Congatec Conga-QMX6, the NXP SDP (DualLite & Quad) and now also for the Technologic Systems TS-4900 (Solo & Quad) and the Toradex Colibri.