GuruCE releases major new version of their iMX6 BSP
We have finalized testing and have now published official release 954 of the GuruCE iMX6 BSP. This release adds a couple of great new features many of our customers have been wanting to see supported in our BSP.
- Added true multi-monitor support: extended desktop with GDI, OpenGL-ES & OpenVG on all active displays
- Added support for multi-display boot splash screens, with virtually flicker-free transition to the Windows Embedded Compact desktop
- Multi-display configuration can be dynamically configured in the bootloader with immediate activation of (and display of bootsplash on) the selected displays
- Latest Vivante GPU driver (5.0.11.p8.0 + 2G)
- Introducing CEWriter; a Windows utility that can write a bootsplash, bootloader & kernel image directly to a SATA drive or SD card from your PC
- Added support for iMX6 Dual+ and Quad+ processors
- Added support for PCIe enumeration over bridges and switches
- Added support for Command Line Interface (cmd.exe) over UART
- Added support for VMINI network adapter while debugging over KITL
- Added support for very large SATA disks
- Added support for SD/eMMC 8-bit mode
- Added support for eMMC 4.4 DDR mode
- Added support for the Technologic Systems TS-4900 Solo & Quad board
- Added support for the Device Solutions Opal6 Quad board
- Added support for the Toradex Colibri DualLite board
- And many more improvements, fixes and new features!
Further details in the release notes.
Even though the GuruCE iMX6 BSP is already the best performing, stable and feature-rich iMX6 BSP on the market today, there are always things to improve or fix and new features to implement.
Here's our wishlist:
- Allow storing bootsplash image in system partition (instead of file partition as it is now)
- Support bootsplash image to be stored in exFAT formatted file partitions
- Animated GIF bootsplash support
- Bring hardware accelerated H.264 video codecs to WEC2013 (not just WEC7)
- Improve Gigabit network performance
- Create a solid solution for multi-display touch
- Reduce power consumption and enable super low power modes (DVFS/suspend)
As always; if you have anything you want us to add to the list or you want us to prioritize an item on the list: contact us and we'll make it happen.
In case you did not see it yet, the video below highlights some of the features of our previous BSP release. We'll create a new video highlighting the new release features (like bootsplash and multi-monitor) soon.
Don't believe the hype? Try it yourself!
We've got free downloadable evaluation kernels for the Element14 RIoTboard, the Boundary Devices SABRE-Lite, Nitrogen6X and Nitrogen6_VM, the Device Solutions Opal6, the Digi ConnectCore6, the Congatec Conga-QMX6, the Freescale/NXP SDP and now also for the Technologic Systems TS-4900 and the Toradex Colibri.
Meet us at the NXP FTF 2016 TECHNOLOGY FORUM from 16 to 19 May 2016, in Austin, Texas.