GuruCE to release a High Quality iMX6 BSP supporting iMX6 Solo, Dual Lite, Dual and Quad
GuruCE has been working on a high quality iMX6 BSP for WEC2013 since the beginning of 2014, and will be releasing this BSP early 2015.
Microsoft has just released a SAMPLE BSP for iMX6 through Update 11 for WEC2013, so why would you wait for the GuruCE iMX6 BSP? Here are some compelling reasons:
- One BSP for all iMX6 variants
- Production Quality Code
- Full source
- Very easy to add support for your custom board
- Lots of added functionality and fixes:
- GPIO driver + SDK library
- FlexCAN driver + SDK library
- ECSPI driver + SDK library
- GPT driver
- USB Camera driver
- Memory Access Utility driver, SDK and application
- Full SD & eMMC support
- Complete bootloader independence
- Power optimizations
- Fully tested DDR3 setup code
- Organized catalog and added many configuration settings to catalog
- Serial Debug UART selection in bootloader
- Included JTAG scripts for Lauterbach TRACE32
- The above is of course on top of the standard functionality:
- Audio (SGTL5000)
- Camera (CMOS)
- UARTs (5)
- USB (Host, Client & OTG)
- USDHC/SDIO ports (4)
- LVDS (including Touch)
- GPU (HW acceleration)
- VPU (Video acceleration)
- Silverlight (OpenGL & DDraw)
- Supporting the Opal6 module and development board by Device Solutions (iMX6 Dual Lite)
- Supporting the open source RIoTboard design by Element14 (iMX6 Solo)
- Supporting the conga-QMX6 modules and development boards by Congatec (iMX6 Solo, Dual Lite, Dual and Quad)
- Supporting the SABRE Lite board by Element14 (iMX6 Quad)
- Supporting the BD-SL-iMX6 (formerly known as SABRE-Lite) board by Boundary Devices (iMX6 Quad)
- Supporting the Sabre-SDP board by Freescale (iMX6 Dual Lite and Quad)
- Dedicated & responsive support from real experts!
Our BSP supports the iMX6 Solo, Dual Lite, Dual and Quad processor range, so you can scale your HW design up or down without any software development investment!
We are contemplating to add support for iMX6 Solo Lite as well. Please let us know if you are interested in having this!
All hardware definitions name-synchronized with the iMX6 Reference Manuals and IOMUX tool. Almost all Freescale code re-factored, cleaned up, bug fixed, redundant code removed and restructured. Now the BSP is easily maintainable, well-structured & production ready. If you have worked with BSPs from Freescale or some of our competitors before you know what this means and why this is so important. Code quality and BSP structure is everything!
Including DVFS, GPC, Cache routines, SMP, PCIE and PMU code.
We just don't believe in binary. Luke would never have gotten so far if he had to "use the binary"...
All board specific settings in one folder and board file generator included. All you need to support your custom board is an IOMux design file (created with Freescale's IOMux tool for iMX6) and our board file generator that will create a header file with all your board specific settings.
Control any (free) GPIO pin from your application.
Fully configurable FlexCAN driver. Access and control 2 separate CAN buses from your application with full configuration and timing control. Our High Performance FlexCAN driver for real busy CAN buses is available for iMX6 as well.
Fully configurable, DMA enabled, Enhanced Configurable SPI driver. All functionality offered by the iMX6 is supported and configurable in our driver.
Use any GPT from within your application. Full control over counters, interrupts, etc.
Configured and ready for iMX6.
For easy debugging and direct hardware access from within CE. Similar to memtool in Linux.
Including formatting and partitioning in the bootloader.
This means you can choose whatever bootloader you fancy. We support uboot and eboot out-of-the-box.
The BSP and bootloader are both optimized for power. No unnecessary open clock gates, full control of CCM (completely rewritten code), DVFS support, etc.
Per board DDR3 stress testing done (FSL DDR3 Stress Test Tool) and DDR3 configured with optimal settings.
Click and forget configuration of your OS Design! Configuration options in catalog: CPU type, RAM size, Cache options, ARM errata options.
No more unnecessary recompiling of the entire kernel, just to change or disable the debug output serial port.
Just in case you need it.
And last but certainly not least:
You connect directly to the highest level support engineers.